Case Study - Productivity and HR Operating Model
Industry : Engineering and Manufacturing
Business Need / Challenge
- · Due to role ambiguities and redundancies, workforce productivity was getting hampered
- · Business heads expectations from the HR department was to be more business savvy and proactive
- · Significant amount of time was being spent on non core activities
- · Main objective was to transform the HR Department to partner with the business function in achieving goal of doubling the revenues in 3 years
Our Approach ?
- · We carried out Time Activity analysis, measured Key Productivity Metrics and performed Operating Expenses analysis to estimate how value can be generated optimally.
- · We redefined HR processes such as career path planning which was backed by automated technology support, the retention policy and designed a corporate induction program
- · We identified key capabilities and built an operating model incorporating the key competencies required for each of the roles
- · We conducted a responsibility accountability mapping in order to reduce redundancies and ambiguities in employee roles
- · We recommended increasing the outsourced service components in order to reduce the time spent on non core activities.
How we generated value?
- · Recommended Year-By-Year (3 years) transition to achieve industry benchmarks for various Productivity Metrics
- · Analysed all operating expenses, carried out studies to look for best outsourcing partners providing similar quality service at lower cost
- · Identified role ambiguities and overlaps to resolve dissonance in present structure with new HR operating model